Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Can You Break a Glass With Your Voice?

It turns out that I can NOT break a glass with my voice!  I tried...boy, did I try!  At the end of our science unit about sound, I told the class we could try breaking a glass!  They were really excited and this weekend I bought 2 glasses at Christmas Tree Shops...2 different sizes to try.  And in a funny turn of events I did break them...at home...by dropping the bag!  So, Monday night I went back to the store and bought 2 more!  Then I brought them to school...and we broke one...when it got knocked over!  (Seriously!)  So, with the one glass left I tried to break it with just my voice...and I was loud!  I was REALLY loud!  Ask your child!



Mrs. Lasher asked if her class could join us and since she was there, she offered to add some hot air to see if we could break the glass together!  But we still couldn't break the glass!


(Teamwork!!)

Mr. O'Hara and Ms. Miller came to watch and both tried to break the glass...no luck!  But stay tuned, because once I get my voice back, I plan to try again...I might go and buy glass number FIVE to see if that's the magic number!


No comments: