Tuesday, December 22, 2015

How the Grinch Stole...the Day...and Other Christmas Things!

The Grinch was the main character in our room today!  We had several Grinches and a few Cindy Lous!





Today we celebrated the Grinch by reading the book in which he stars and then we watched the movie...the 1964 animated version.  At the midpoint of the movie we stopped to have "Who-pudding."  (Otherwise known as Jello brand pudding!)  We also had another directed drawing project where each child drew the Grinch!  They look very Grinchy, don't they?





In the afternoon, we had our k-3 sing-along.  Each class was invited to the front to lead a song.  None of the kids knew they were going to be invited (nor did I!) so they didn't have time to get nervous!





Our class led "Up On the Rooftop" with hand motions, too!  I'll try to post a short video later tonight!  Then finally we were back in the room at the end of the day and I let them open their presents from me!  They've been really excited to open them since they saw the wrapped presents on my table...I kept teasing that I got them each a bicycle!!!





 They were very excited to get books (which certainly made their first grade teacher happy!) and wanted to know if they could look at them for a while!!!  Ha!  Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: