Monday, October 31, 2016

Twenty Yawns a la Hinesburg

This week's global read aloud book was a very sleepy story called Twenty Yawns.  In this story a young girl named Lucy has a long, busy day and when it's finally bedtime, she drifts off to sleep while her mom reads to her.  She awakens in the night and can't fall asleep again.



When I read this book the first time I noticed that every time I read the word "yawn" someone actually yawned!  Sometimes it was me!  As you know we celebrated our week by having our very first pajama day on Friday.  Each child also brought a favorite stuffed animal.  Our project for this week was to create a movie where each child described what he or she does when having trouble falling asleep.  Below is the link to my youTube channel with the movie for you to enjoy!



No comments: