Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Calm Before the Storm!

After a hectic start to the week, today was a dream! The kids wrote in their Christmas cards for you and wrapped their presents quietly and calmly. We watched part of The Polar Express this morning and followed up with the end after lunch. We served hot chocolate with peppermint sticks...yum! Then off to the singalong where our class sang "I Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas" to the rest of the kindergarten, first and second graders! Very cute! The day ended when they opened their gifts from me...a book, of course! I asked them to put several books into their homework bags for the long break. However, I didn't supervise each child as they packed their bag...hopefully you'll find reading material! I had planned on sending the first packets of math work home today, but with all the other stuff headed your way, I decided to wait until after the holiday.
Have a very Merry Christmas and see you in the New Year!

No comments: